Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day


I recently came across a recipe for brownies with Bailey Irish Cream in them.  I thought it would be a perfect dessert for St. Patrick's Day. 

1 package brownie mix (1lb. 3.8oz) mix and bake as directed on the back of the box BUT substitute Bailey's for the water (1/4 cup).

While brownies are cooling you can start on the icing.

1 stick butter or margarine
2 cups powdered sugar
2 T Bailey's
1/2 tsp vanilla
2-3 tsp milk
green food coloring (optional)

Mix all ingredients together and spread over cooled brownies.  Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. 

I personally thought this icing was a little sweet and I wasn't a super fan of using a stick of butter, but it could easily be omitted or switched with another icing.

I topped mine with chocolate sprinkles. (please excuse the plating)

No comments:

Post a Comment