Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Let's get this garden started!

It was a beautiful day this past Sunday so Michael and I decided to take advantage of the weather and work on some outside projects.  We did a few small things like planting flowers (perennials only, so hopefully less work next year!), hanging up the basket for my coiled hose and putting out some other decorative items.  The most important project was removing my veggie plant seedlings from my mini green house box and into the raised garden bed. 

Since my garden is only 4' by 8', I thought I would try something that I found online.  Gardener's Supply has what is called a "cucumber trellis."  The idea is for your cucumbers and squash (things that take up a large amount of space to grow) to grow up the trellis an stay off off the ground.  You can then plant your smaller veggie plants like spinach and lettuce underneath the raised trellis.  We shall see how this works!

No comments:

Post a Comment